Instagram keeps on developing its platform day by day by introducing new features. Through Instagram, people can go live, share pictures, promote their business and make videos. We will tell some quick easy tips and tricks in this guide for benefit of Instagram users.
How Can You Set Timer For Taking Instagram Selfies
Some people already know about Instagram Story feature through which one can post videos and pictures on Instagram which disappears after 24 hours. You can take photos or make videos through Instagram camera. Although, at many times you wish to set a timer for taking selfie in a different pose but there’s no such feature in Instagram. However, there are some other methods of doing this. You can use your phone’s camera which allows you to set timer for taking pictures.
Here are the following steps how you can activate timer for pictures on your phone’s camera:
- Open Camera and switch to front-facing camera.
- Then, depending upon your smartphone, find the ‘’Timer’’ button appearing on your screen and tap on it.
- Now, select any time span from the options 3 seconds, and 10 seconds.
- Press the Shutter button and get yourself positioned and posed properly as the countdown starts.
- Now, after your selfie is captured, go to Instagram, tap on ‘+’ icon at the top or swipe right to open camera then swipe up to select the pic from gallery.
- Click on ‘story’, select the picture taken, add any music, effects, location as per your wish and hit the share button.
How Can You Set Timer For Making Instagram Reels
Instagram is in much more demand since it rolled out its Reel feature. It works as a substitute to TikTok after its ban. Initially, recording length was 15 seconds, then it extended to 30 seconds and now you can record a video up to 60 seconds.
Instagram does not have any timer activating feature for taking selfies as aforesaid. But, it does have timer option for shooting Instagram Reels.
Here are the following steps how you can set timer for Instagram Reels:
- Go to Instagram, tap on ‘+’ icon, and select ‘reels’ or swipe right and click on reels from the options appearing like Posts, Story, Reels, and Live.
- Now, tap on the timer icon and select any time duration according to you.
- Press the ‘set timer’ button and your timer is set. Get yourself positioned and posed properly as the countdown starts and enjoy making videos. You can add audio, effects etc. as per your wish.