Instagram, the photo-sharing social networking app is growing day-by-day making itself more popular in every corner of the world. The app lets you connect with the people you love and grow your business across the world. With its new features launching everyday, Instagram allows you to share the moments you live with others by posting on stories, upload pictures, make Reels videos, create IGTV videos, etc.
Instagram came up with a feature known as Instagram Music through which users can add music to their videos or pictures on Instagram stories. Instagram Story feature lets you post video or pictures on stories which disappears after 24 hours. Both iOS and Android users can enjoy the benefit of this feature. All kinds of music are available in this feature. You can search up whichever music you like and add it to your Instagram story. If you haven’t updated your Instagram, go to Play Store or App Store of your smartphone so that you can use this feature. In this guide, we will tell you step-by-step how you can add music to your Instagram story.
How To Add Instagram Music To Your Stories
- Go to Instagram, tap on the ‘+’ icon placed at the top right corner and select ‘Story’.
- Now, choose any picture or video that you want to upload on your story.
- Click on the sticker icon you will see at the top and there you will see ‘Music’ sticker.
- After tapping on the Music sticker, lots of music will appear on the screen, you can browse songs according to your genre and themes.
- You can also search the music by tapping on the search bar placed at the top to find a specific song you want to add.
- After selecting the song, click on the play button to hear it, you can add another sound clip of the same by tapping on it.
- Now, move the slider bar to select the clip you want to add. You can add up to 15 seconds of the song for your Instagram Story.
- Some songs offer lyrics too, click on the Music Album poster to change it according to your preference and the lyrics will appear on your story along with the music.
- At last, click on ‘Done’ placed at the top to add the chosen music to your Instagram Story.
Also, you can add music before choosing the picture or video. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Instagram, swipe right to open Camera.
- There you can see ‘Music’ option either on the left or right corner of your screen depending on your smartphone.
- Click on it and choose the music as explained above.
- Now, you can record a video while the music will be playing in the background or swipe up to choose the image or video you wish to add that music on.
You can even save music from other people stories or reels and add the saved sound to your Instagram story by clicking on ‘Saved’ option placed at the top when you open the Music section.